ACATAK DUOSTAR TICK DEVELOPMENT INHIBITOR AND BROAD SPECTRUM POUR-ON
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Fluazuron @ 15g/L & Iver-mectin @ 5.g/L
- Acatak Duostar is a tick development inhibitor and a broad spectrum, anti-parasitic pour-on for beef cattle.
- Acatak Duostar contains the active components fluazuron (15g/L) and Iver-mectin (5g/L).
- Fluazuron is a powerful insect growth regulator (IGR) which interferes with chitin synthesis of the larval stages of the cattle tick.
- Iver-mectin is a member of the Macrocyclic Lactone family of chemicals, which result in the paralysis and death of internal and external parasites of cattle.
- Acatak Duostar is a ready-to-use pour-on formulation.
Acatak Duostar is for the strategic control of the Cattle Tick, Boophilus microplus, (including all acaricide resistant strains) on Beef Cattle. It also treats and controls Iver-mectin sensitive internal and external parasites of beef cattle, including gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, sucking and biting lice and sarcoptic and chorioptic mites and buffalo fly.
Acatak Duostar not only provides long-term tick protection for cattle (up to 12 weeks*), but it may also help lower the tick burden in pasture.
*Protection periods may be influenced by the environment (tick pressure) and stock factors (growth rate, lactation), Novartis data on file.
|CATTLE - BEEF
||[BARBER'S POLE WORM - HAEMONCHUS PLACEI, BUFFALO FLY, CATTLE BITING LOUSE, CATTLE TICK, CATTLE TICK - SEE LABEL RESISTANT STRAIN, EXTERNAL PARASITE, EYEWORM - THELAZIA SPP., INTESTINAL HAIR WORM - T. COLUBRIFORMIS, INTESTINAL THREADWORM - S. PAPILLOSUS, LARGE BOWEL WORM - O. VENULOSUM, LUNGWORM - DICTYOCAULUS VIVIPARUS, MITE - CHORIOPTES BOVIS, NODULE WORM - OESOPHAGOSTOMUM RADIATUM, SARCOPTES SCABEI VAR. BOVIS, SHORTNOSED CATTLE LOUSE, SMALL BROWN STOMACH WORM - O. OSTERTAGI, SMALL INTESTINAL WORM - COOPERIA SPP., STOMACH HAIR WORM, SUCKING LICE - LINOGNATHUS VITULI, THIN NECKED INTESTINAL WORM, TUBERCLE-BEARING LOUSE, WHIPWORM - TRICHURIS SPP.]
DOSE RATE: The recommended dose rate is 5mL of Acatak Duostar per 50kg body weight
|Body weight (kg)
||Apply in two bands
|101 - 150
|151 - 200
|201 - 250
|251 - 300
|301 - 350
|351 - 400
|401 - 450
|451 - 500
|501 - 550
|551 - 600
|601 - 650
|More than 650
||5mL per 50kg
||2.5mL per 50kg
APPLICATION & CRITICAL COMMENTS:
- Acatak should be applied strategically, initially at the onset of the tick season, preferably prior to tick activity.
- Re-treat when ticks are first seen, but not less than 6 weeks from the previous treatment.
- Maximum number of treatments per year is 3.
- There is no need to treat suckling calves. Calves will receive adequate protection from their mother.
- Acatak Duostar is absorbed orally via grooming and through the skin.
- For best results, Acatak Duostar should be applied in two 7cm wide bands, either side of the spine from shoulder to tail. This maximises absorption and ensures effective concentrations of Acatak Duostar are reached.
- The weight of cattle should be determined by either scales or a weighband. Dose individuals according to the heaviest animal in the mob. DO NOT underdose.
- Acatak Duostar should not be applied to show cattle as a light scurfiness may be visible for some time after treatment.
- The effect of Acatak Duostar is not adversely affected if rain occurs after application.
RESTRAINTS: DO NOT USE on cattle that are producing or may in the future produce milk for human consumption.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: This product is contraindicated for use on pregnant cows within six weeks of calving to avoid handling stress.
Milk - DO NOT USE on cattle that are producing or may in the future produce milk for human consumption.
Meat - DO NOT USE LESS than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption. Calves which have suckled on treated cows must not be slaughtered less than 4 months after the last treatment of these cows.
ESI (Export Slaughter Interval): DO NOT USE less than 42 days before slaughter for export.
PACK SIZES AVAILABLE: 5L & 25L