Nexgard Spectra– Heartworm, Flea and Tick Protection Nexgard Spectra is a chewable tablet used for the treatment of fleas and ticks as well as prevention of heartworm disease in dogs. The oral tablet is also useful for the treatment of gut worms including roundworms, hookworms and whipworms. It gives protection against fleas for up to five weeks and controls ticks for up to four weeks. The monthly treatment is a highly palatable chew and easy to administer. The broad spectrum treatment controls most of the external and internal parasites in dogs. How does it work? Nexgard Spectra contains two powerful ingredients – Milbemycin Oxime and Afoxolaner. The active ingredient Afoxolaner is an insecticide and acaricide. It kills fleas before egg production and prevents household from heavy flea contamination. Afoxolaner kills adult fleas as well as adult ticks. It can be used for the treatment strategy of flea allergy dermatitis. The other ingredient Milbemycin oxime is an antiparasitic endectocide. It kills intestinal worms and immature form of heartworms. Nexgard Spectra interferes with the way that signals are passed between nerve cells (neurotransmission) in the nervous system of parasites, resulting in paralysis and elimination of the parasites. Monthly treatment protects dogs from the multiple parasitic infestation.
- Should be given according to the weight of a dog.
- Can be given directly as a treat or mix it with food.
- One tablet dose should be given once a month depending on dog’s bodyweight.
- For dogs over 60kg administer the appropriate combination of whole chewables.
Can be used as the part of the seasonal treatment of fleas and ticks
Treats and prevents flea and tick infestations in dogs
Effective for the treatment of gastrointestinal nematodes
Controls infestations due to adult roundworms, hookworms and whipworms
Kills Dirofilaria immitis larvae up to one month
Prevents heartworm disease in dogs
Safe for all breeds and puppies from 8 weeks of age and 2kg or more
- Keep the tablets in the blister pack until required and store the blister packs in the outer carton.
- Wash hands after use.
- In case of accidental ingestion, particularly in the case of children, seek medical advice.
- Safety has not been established for use in pregnant, lactating or breeding dogs.
- Keep away from reach of children and pets.
- Do not use in case of sensitivity to the active substances.