SELOVIN™ LA LONG ACTING SELENIUM INJECTION FOR CATTLE & SHEEP.ACTIVE INGREDIENT: SELENIUM (AS BARIUM SELENATE) @ 50mg/mLSelovin™ LA is for the treatment and prevention of Selenium deficiency in cattle and sheep. Selovin™ LA contains Barium selenate, which slowly releases selenium into the body after injecting under the skin. Selovin™ LA works to elevate selenium blood and tissue levels in deficient states. Selenium is a trace element that is vital for normal metabolism; it is an essential antioxidant which prevents and repairs cell damage and is a key component of proteins essential for muscle function, immune system and synthesis of thyroid hormones. Selenium is necessary for growth and fertility.PRODUCT BENEFITS:
- Slowly releases selenium over time and so protects against selenium deficiency in cattle for up to 12 months and in sheep for up to 18 months
- Protects against White Muscle disease
- Ensures adequate selenium levels to maintain fertility, and immunity.
- Ensures adequate selenium levels to maintain fertility, immunity and prevent production losses associated with selenium deficiency
- Cost effective management of selenium deficiency
- Convenient and safer form of selenium supplement due to the slow release of selenium following administration
- No withhold periods
Selovin™ LA is ideal for the treatment and control of selenium deficiency, ill thrift, white muscle disease and all other selenium responsive diseases in sheep & cattle. Selenium is an essential element in the diet of animals and has a variety of roles. Severe selenium deﬁciency will damage heart and skeletal muscles. Common manifestations of selenium deficiency include illthrift in lambs and calves, lowered milk production, lowered fertility and Nutritional Muscular Dystrophy (White Muscle Disease).Selovin™ LA works to elevate the selenium blood and tissue levels in deficiency states. Selenium can function as an anti-inflammatory agent and as a catalyst in energy and fat metabolism. It is a basic component of glutathione peroxidase essential in the removal of by-products of fatty acids metabolism.DOSE RATE & ADMINISTRATION:Sheep:
- Lambs at weaning - 0.5mL
- Adult Sheep - 1mL
- 1ml per 50kg bodyweight, equivalent to 1mg selenium per kg, by subcutaneous injection high on the neck behind the ear.
|50 to 100kg
When treating a large number of animals, a suitable multi-dose injector must be used. The frequency of dosing should be related to the severity of the deficiencies. Product will maintain selenium levels for up to 12 months in cattle and 18 months in sheep. Check selenium status of animals before re-treating.WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
- Meat: Zero (0) days
- Milk: Cattle: Zero (0) days
- Milk: Sheep: Zero (0) days
- DO NOT USE in ewes which are producing Milk for human consumption or processing.
PACK SIZES AVAILABLE: 500mLREGISTRANT: BAYER AUSTRALIA LTD (ANIMAL HEALTH) (APVMA #:59680)