OPTIMIZER INSECTICIDAL CATTLE EAR TAGS (Organophosphate)
Active Ingredient: DIAZINON @ 200g/kg
One Tag per each ear of each animal (2/head).
OPtimizer is a moulded plastic cattle ear tag containing diazinon, a highly active organophosphate insecticide.
OPtimizer is not affected by pyrethroid resistance in buffalo flies. It has a bright orange colour for easy visibility. Its net weight of 15 grams assures long-lasting activity.
All inert ingredients contained in OPtimizer are non-toxic.
Controls Buffalo fly, including diazinon-sensitive and pyrethroid-resistant strains for up to 4 months.
OPtimizer is packaged in sachets containing 20 tags and is available in boxes of 20, 100 and 500 tags.
- Approved for use on both beef cattle and dairy cattle, including lactating dairy cows.
- Kills pyrethroid-resistant Buffalo flies.
- Brings proven weight gains.
- Reduces need for frequent spray treatments and mustering costs.
- No withholding period.
- Y-TEX patented Snap-Lok collar for guaranteed retention against tag or button failure for 5 months.
- Uses the proven Y-TEX® two-piece application system.
- Doubles as an identification tag.
- Rainfast and dipfast.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Low toxicity formulation.
- Can be shipped as non-dangerous goods.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Animal and Pest: Cattle including lactating dairy cows - Buffalo Flies (Haematobia irritans exigua)
States Registered: For treatment of Buffalo Fly in Qld, NSW, NT & WA.
Rate: One tag per each ear of each animal (2 tags per beast)
Critical Comment: Apply when pests first appear. Replace as necessary. Remove tags with tag remover. The level and duration of control may be reduced under high fly pressure. The whole herd is to be treated concurrently.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: Optimizer Cattle Ear Tags will give effective control of Buffalo Flies if used regularly on all animals in the group (over 3 months of age). The treatment regime with a periodic rotation program will reduce the potential for insecticide resistance to develop in Buffalo Flies.
APPLICATION: Apply tags with the Y-TEX Ultra Tagger
- Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
- Place female tag under clip by depressing lever. Collar on tag must be pointing down. Tag and button are now ready for application.
- Position male stud between the second and third radial cartilage on the front or back of the ear. Do not allow shaft of the male button to penetrate any cartilage rib or blood vessels or ear damage may result.
- Squeeze handles of applicator together.
Meat: Nil. Milk: Nil.
Trade Advice: Export Slaughter Interval (ESI): 0 Days
Pack Sizes Available: 20 Tags, (100Tags & 500 Tags - POA)