Y-TEX PYTHON INSECTICIDAL CATTLE EAR TAGS (Pyrethroid Tag)
Active Ingredients: PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE @ 200g/kg & ZETA-CYPERMETHRIN @ 100g/kg
One Tag per each ear of each animal (2/head) - Buffalo Fly and Paralysis Tick Control
One Tag per animal (1/head) - Cattle Biting Lice Control
PYthon is a fast-acting, sustained-release insecticidal ear tag containing synergized S-isomer pyrethroid compound for Buffalo fly, Cattle Biting Lice and Paralysis Tick control.
PYthon has excellent activity against Buffalo flies, including Buffalo flies that are resistant to certain other insecticides. A high loading of piperonyl butoxide synergizes this S-isomer and dramatically reduces the effect of pyrethroid resistance, making PYthon ideal for rotation with diazinon tags.
PYthon's exclusive Tri-Polymer matrix of non-toxic inert constituents continuously delivers a high ratio of synergist to insecticide for maximum insect-killing action. PYthon's net weight of 9.5 grams allows it to be used on cattle of all ages.
For up to 4 months control of susceptible Buffalo Flies and aids in control of Cattle Biting Lice on beef and dairy cattle and aids in control of Paralysis Tick on suckling beef and dairy calves for up to 42 days after treatment.
- Registered for use on beef and dairy cattle, including newborn calves and lactating dairy cattle.
- Works very rapidly, usually eliminating Buffalo flies within 1 day.
- Brings proven weight gains.
- Reduces need for frequent insecticide treatments and mustering costs.
- Works well as an integral component of an insecticidal rotation program with OPtimizer and other organophosphate ear tags to help prevent Buffalo fly insecticide resistance.
- The name with uppercase "PY", informs end-users of the chemical class of the PYthon ear tag, i.e., PYrethroid. For rotation, OPtimizer is similarly named; i.e., "OP" for OrganoPhosphate.
- Has Nil Withholding Period and Nil Export Slaughter interval.
- Has Y-TEX® patented Snap-Lok™ collar for guaranteed retention against tag or button failure for 5 months.
- Uses the proven Y-TEX® two-piece application system.
- Is rainfast and dip fast.
- Can be safely used in conjunction with other pesticides and medicinal applications; e.g., cattle tick acaricides and anthelmintics.
- Is environmentally friendly.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Animal: Cattle including lactating dairy cows and calves
Pest: Buffalo Flies (Haematobia irritans exigua) & Cattle biting Lice (Damalinia bovis) & Paralysis Ticks (Ixodes holocyclus) for up to 42 days.
States: for treatment of Buffalo Fly in QLD, NSW, NT & WA. For treatment of Cattle Biting Lice and Paralysis Tick in All States.
- Buffalo Fly and Paralysis Tick Control - One Tag per each ear of each animal (2/head)
- Cattle Biting Lice Control - Tag one ear per animal (1/head)
For Buffalo Fly Control.
- Apply when fly numbers exceed acceptable levels.
- Removal of tags at 4 months will ensure fly populations are not exposed to sublethal doses which may increase the chance of resistance.
- Remove tags with tag remover.
- The Level and duration of control may be reduced under high fly pressure.
- The whole herd is to be treated concurrently.
For Cattle Biting Lice Control:
- Apply Tags in late Autumn or early Winter and remove after 3 months.
For Paralysis Tick Control:
- Aids in control of Paralysis ticks (Ixodes Holocylus) for p to 42 days. For effective control, both cow and calf should be treated.
Remove tags prior to slaughter
Application: Apply tags with the Y-TEX Ultra Tagger
- Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
- Place female tag under clip by depressing lever. Collar on tag must be pointing down. Tag and button are now ready for application.
- Position male stud between the second and third radial cartilage on the front or back of the ear. Do not allow shaft of the male button to penetrate any cartilage rib or blood vessels or ear damage may result.
- Squeeze handles of applicator together.
General Instructions: Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags will give effective control of Buffalo flies if used regularly on all animals in the group. The treatment regime with a periodic rotation program will reduce the potential for insecticide resistance to develop. Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags are specifically recommended for use in a rotation program with organophosphate (OP) tas fro the control of Buffalo fly. A 3 year program is currently recommended with the use of OP Tags in years 1 & 2 and Python Tags in the Year 3. More than 90% reduction in biting lice numbers can be expected with the use of Python Tags.
Meat: Nil. Milk: Nil.
Trade Advice: Export Slaughter Interval (ESI): 0 Days
Pack Sizes Available: 20 Tags, (100 Tags & 500 Tags - P.O.A)