WARRIOR INSECTICIDAL CATTLE EAR YTEX TAGS (Organophosphate - OP)
Active Ingredients: CHLORPYRIFOS @ 100g/kg & DIAZINON @ 300g/kg
One Tag per animal (1/head)
WARRIOR is a unique 40% organophosphate ear tag which releases a synergized formulation of diazinon and chlorpyrifos from an exclusive Tri-Polymer matrix of non-toxic inert ingredients.
WARRIOR combines the high fly killing action of diazinon with the superior lice control properties of chlorpyrifos. This formulation exhibits greater potency than either insecticide used alone and is especially effective against pyrethroid-resistant pests.
WARRIOR has a net weight of 15 grams per tag for long-lasting activity.
When applied at one tag per animal, WARRIOR controls Buffalo Flies for up to 12 weeks and controls cattle lice on beef and dairy cattle.
WARRIOR is packaged in sachets of 20 tags and is available is boxes of 20, 100 and 500 tags.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Registered for use on beef and dairy cattle.
- The only insecticidal tag registered to control both biting and sucking lice on cattle.
- Works well as an integral component of an insecticidal rotation program with PYthon and OPtimizer and other organophosphate tags to help prevent buffalo fly insecticide resistance.
- Works extremely well against pyrethroid resistant strains of buffalo fly.
- Has NIL withholding periods for both meat and milk.
- Has NIL Export Slaughter Interval.
- Brings proven weight gains and performance.
- Reduces the need for frequent mustering and insecticide applications.
- Is a rainfast and dipfast formulation.
- Is an environmentally friendly form of insecticide application as there is no risk of spillage and overdosing.
- Uses the proven Y-TEX two-piece application system.
- Has Y-TEX® patented Snap-Lok collar for guaranteed retention against tag or button failure for 5 months.
- Can be safely used in conjunction with other pesticide and medicinal applications.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: WARRIOR Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags will give effective control of Buffalo fly and Cattle lice if used regularly on all animals in the group. The treatment regime with a periodic rotation program will reduce the potential for insecticide resistance to develop in Buffalo flies.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Apply at a rate of one tag per animal.
- DO NOT tag calves less than 3 months of age as ear damage may occur.
- Remove tags before slaughter.
Host Animal and Pests Controlled:
Cattle including lactating dairy cows. - Buffalo flies (Haematobia irritans exigua), Cattle lice (Damalinia bovis, Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurysternus, Solenoptes capillatus)
States Registered: All states and territories.
For Buffalo fly control: Apply when fly numbers reach unacceptable levels.
- Removal of tags after 3 months will ensure that buffalo fly populations are not exposed to sublethal doses which may increase the chance of resistance.
- Remove tags with tag removal knife. The level & duration of control may be reduced under high fly pressure. The whole herd is to be treated concurrently.
- For Cattle lice control: Apply tags in late Autumn or early Winter and remove after 3 months.
APPLICATION: Apply tags with the Y-TEX Ultra Tagger
- Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
- Place female tag under clip by depressing lever. Collar on tag must be pointing down. Tag and button are now ready for application.
- Position male stud between the second and third radial cartilage on the front or back of the ear. Do not allow shaft of the male button to penetrate any cartilage rib or blood vessels or ear damage may result.
- Squeeze handles of applicator together.
ROTATION PROGRAM FOR BUFFALO FLY CONTROL: Y-TEX WARRIOR Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags contain organophosphate (OP) insecticides and are specifically recommended for use in a rotation program with synthetic pyrethroid (SP) tags (eg. PYthon®) for the control of Buffalo fly. A three year program is currently recommended with the use of OP tags in years 1 and 2 and PYthon in the third year.
Withholding Periods: MEAT: Nil & MILK: Nil. Export Slaughter Interval (ESI): 0 days
Pack Sizes Available: 20 Tags, (100 Tags & 500 Tags - P.O.A)